Sculptors from around Australia are invited to apply to enter the reinvented version of Jindabyne’s famous Lake Like Sculpture, the Street Edition. In 2023, this highlight of the Snowy Mountain’s arts calendar will take the sculpture festival to the streets of the Jindabyne township.
The 2023 event aims to help visitors and residents alike reimagine the natural landscape and town streetscape by installing sculptures in new and unusual spaces, necessitated by the high water levels of Lake Jindabyne. Visitors can follow the temporary sculpture trail around town, experiencing the township in a completely new way.
Lake Light Sculpture is a platform for emerging, mid-career and professional artists alike. Entries are open now and close on 6 MARCH (extended), selected sculptors will be notified in early March and the event takes place 6-9 April. Sculptures will be selected on artistic merit and on the basis that they are suitable for outdoor installation. Although the event will be unpowered, artists with solar powered lighting elements are encouraged to apply.
NEED TO KNOW:
Entries Close Extended to 6 March 2023 MIDNIGHT
Please send completed entry forms with payment or evidence of payment to: PO Box 378 JINDABYNE NSW 2627 or [email protected]
Notification of selection After 6 March 2023
Bump in Commences 3 April 2023
Bump in Concludes 5 April 2023 (midday)
Volunteer Induction 5 April 2023
Judging Commences 6 April 2023
Event Open to Public 6 -9 April 2023
Community Day 6 April 2023
Awards Presentations 8 April 2023 (morning)
Bump Out 10 April 2023
- Completed and signed entry form
- Included photographs or images of your work
- Artist statement included, Artist Head shot and Biography
- Included proposed work sketches including scale, side and front elevations
- Included a complete Installation method statement incl. list of materials, vehicles or heavy equipment required, number of people in your installation team + de-installation method statement
- Ensured you have an Artists own public liability certificate of currency (or will provide if selected or statement waiving insurance)
- Paid the entry fee and Read and understand the Terms of Conditions. Bank details are on the form.
Should you need assistance, please email [email protected] with a preferred time to call back, what your enquiry is about and your contact number.
Image: On the Edge – Tobias Bennett